Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Courage to Dream Again


As I reflect on this past year and look ahead to the new year I can't help but to think that my fondest memories were made on our family vacation to Lake Lure. Especially the ones we created when we went horseback riding. Even though as a child I had been exposed to horses and learned to ride my husband and boys had never experienced how exciting and fun it could be. I remember how nervous they all were, including myself since it's been over 28 years since I had ridden. But when all was said and done we agreed that it was one of the most memorable things we had ever done together. The memories that we created that day will keep is warm in the winter of our lives...
As I approach the new year I want to embrace it with the same excitement and courage that I did riding that day. I want to step outside my comfort zone and take chances on dreams that until now I have only hidden in my heart. The worse thing that could happen is I fail, but at least I will have tried and the greatest thing that could happen is that I succeed, something I will never know if I never try. The bible says that without a vision people perish; because of hurts and failures in my past I have all but stopped dreaming, so my prayer for the new year is for God to renew my dreams and give me the strength and courage to get back up on the horse and to ride again in the direction that He would have me go. If there are dreams in your life that you have put on hold, I pray that you will have the courage this year to a step towards fulfilling them and that God will give you the strength and courage that you need to see them come true. Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment