Sunday, January 17, 2010

Family Time...Time To Eat!



Well you know how very excited I get when I have the priviledge of cooking for family, yes I did use the word priviledge; because I am so grateful for my family that I consider it not only a priviledge but an honor to have them at my dinner table. Today was on of those special days, my dad and family came to eat with me, there were about 15 of in attendance and I enjoyed every minute of it.
~Sunday Lunch Menu~

Ham, Chicken Pastry, Grill BBQ Chicken Wings
Corn, Cabbage, Blackeyed Peas, Candied Yams and Fried Potato Wedges

Did I mention I grilled wings, lets be specific here: I grilled 120 wings, and there are only 4 left and No Pastry! I think I'll make a Sweet Potato Pie out of the Yams that were left...

We had a wonderful visit, they all live from about 45 minutes to an hour and half from our home. The rain held off most of the day so we were able to get outside and have a cornhole tournament. My stepmom even got into the fun. Daddy looked wonderful, this is the furtherest he has ridden since his surgery in December.

2 comments:

  1. It was in the 60s here today. Wonderful shirttail weather. Thank you for sharining.
    Just thought I would let you know.
    We are having a just because giveaway
    $50 gift certificate.
    No need to folllow or twiiter, or blog, just say what you think you might like and leave a comment.

    http://gafoodies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wings look delicious! And I browsed down for the Trifle recipe! I've never tried one with lemon cake, but my mom and daughter would really love it! I'll have to make this one for them on Valentines! :)

    Thanks for coming by my blog for a visit! Hope you'll come again, soon! I saw on your profile that you were from NC. ...I'm from Columbus County. It's always nice to meet fellow Carolina bloggers! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete