Monday, January 11, 2010

January Hudson Sunday Brunch



~Hudson January Sunday Brunch Menu~
Sausage & Cheese Quiche
Hashbrown Casserole
Apple Crisp
Butter Pound Cake
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake
Fresh Fruit
Orange Juice
Hot Cocoa & Milk


My mother has a saying that you should go where you're celebrated and not where you're tolerated". I can't think about this without also recalling a favorite quote by Maya Angelou, “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” I keep this foremost in my mind when it comes to family. I am a believer that we should treat our family as well as most of us choose to treat our friends. We have a tendency to forgive our friends for almost everything while holding the simplest of transgression against our families for an unspeakable amount of time, pain and injury. That is why I think our second Sunday Family Brunch is so very important. It is on these mornings that I go out of my way to do my very best to prepare a special meal for the people that I hold dearest in my life; my husband, my sons, nieces, nephews and in laws. God may have brought us all together and made us family but it is by choice they we have become friends. Although we may have our differences and we may not always agree, we choose to disagree and respect each other opinions. Coming together once on month gives us all a sense of belonging to something greater then ourselves and realizing that we are not alone as we sometimes feel. Our children benefit from belonging to an extended part of their parents and listening to stories that give them insight into who they were when they were younger. It strengthens our bonds to one another and enhances our feelings of belonging and feeling loved. One of our most common needs is to be accepted, especially by those that love us or at least say that they do. Accept your family with all their differences and all their quirks and just love them unconditionally. And when you get ready to do something to make them feel special remember it's not what you do for them, but how you make them feel when you do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment